5 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole
350 degrees –prep time 15 minutes – cook time 40 minutes – Serves 6 easily
What You’ll Need:
- 9×13 casserole dish
- Hand Mixer
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Measuring Cup
- Mixing Bowl
- Deep Pan
- Spoon / Spatula
- Cooking Spray
- 12 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 8oz (or more) of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use mild, and way more than 8oz.)
- bag of Hash Browns or Potatoes O’Brien
- Onion Powder and Green / Red Peppers are optional (If you use them chop and mix them in with the potatoes.)
- Sliced or Cubed Ham
Cook the hash browns – don’t brown them unless you like crunchy casserole
- Crack the eggs and yolks into the mixing bowl
- Add 1/3 cup of sour cream to the eggs
- Add some cheese to the egg and sour cream
- Use the hand mixer to mix and make the eggs, sour cream, and cheese fluffy
- Slice the ham (cubed or ribbons, ribbons look fancy)
- Spray the casserole dish
- Layer like so – hash browns, cheese, eggs-cheese-sour cream mix, ham, and more cheese
- Stick it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350
I enjoy a bagel with it but toast or crescents would be pretty great too. Enjoy!
Makes enough for 2 to 3 servings.
Prep time is about 15 minutes.
Roast at 475 for 30 minutes total.
What you’ll need:
6 small/medium potatoes
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon dill
1/2 tablespoon garlic (chopped or minced)
1/2 tablespoon peppery herb rub
1 tablespoon olive oil
large (freezer size) ziploc bag
1-Scrub the taters.
2-To peel or not to peel the choice is yours.
3-Cut the taters in half length wise and then slice em 3 or 4 times across (depending on the size, you don’t want them super thin – think bite size).
4-Measure and put the spices and olive oil in the ziploc bag.
5-Add the taters to the mix and SHAKE them until they’re covered.
6-Let em soak in the spices and oil for 5 to 10 minutes shaking them every few minutes.
7-Line the cookie sheet with the aluminum foil.
8-Spread the taters evenly on the sheet.
9-Roast them for 15 minutes. Take them out and flip them. Then roast them for another 15 minutes.
10-Let em sit for a few because they’re HOT then enjoy.
I’ve made them with and without the skin, they’re delicious either way. They’re perfect with chicken and pork chops. A friend of mine suggested added parmesan cheese to the mix. I’ll give that a try next time.