5 Ingredient Breakfast Casserole
350 degrees –prep time 15 minutes – cook time 40 minutes – Serves 6 easily
What You’ll Need:
- 9×13 casserole dish
- Hand Mixer
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Measuring Cup
- Mixing Bowl
- Deep Pan
- Spoon / Spatula
- Cooking Spray
- 12 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 8oz (or more) of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I use mild, and way more than 8oz.)
- bag of Hash Browns or Potatoes O’Brien
- Onion Powder and Green / Red Peppers are optional (If you use them chop and mix them in with the potatoes.)
- Sliced or Cubed Ham
Cook the hash browns – don’t brown them unless you like crunchy casserole
- Crack the eggs and yolks into the mixing bowl
- Add 1/3 cup of sour cream to the eggs
- Add some cheese to the egg and sour cream
- Use the hand mixer to mix and make the eggs, sour cream, and cheese fluffy
- Slice the ham (cubed or ribbons, ribbons look fancy)
- Spray the casserole dish
- Layer like so – hash browns, cheese, eggs-cheese-sour cream mix, ham, and more cheese
- Stick it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350
I enjoy a bagel with it but toast or crescents would be pretty great too. Enjoy!
Makes enough for 2 to 3 servings.
Prep time is about 15 minutes.
Roast at 475 for 30 minutes total.
What you’ll need:
6 small/medium potatoes
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon dill
1/2 tablespoon garlic (chopped or minced)
1/2 tablespoon peppery herb rub
1 tablespoon olive oil
large (freezer size) ziploc bag
1-Scrub the taters.
2-To peel or not to peel the choice is yours.
3-Cut the taters in half length wise and then slice em 3 or 4 times across (depending on the size, you don’t want them super thin – think bite size).
4-Measure and put the spices and olive oil in the ziploc bag.
5-Add the taters to the mix and SHAKE them until they’re covered.
6-Let em soak in the spices and oil for 5 to 10 minutes shaking them every few minutes.
7-Line the cookie sheet with the aluminum foil.
8-Spread the taters evenly on the sheet.
9-Roast them for 15 minutes. Take them out and flip them. Then roast them for another 15 minutes.
10-Let em sit for a few because they’re HOT then enjoy.
I’ve made them with and without the skin, they’re delicious either way. They’re perfect with chicken and pork chops. A friend of mine suggested added parmesan cheese to the mix. I’ll give that a try next time.
So tonight’s dinner is a recipe that my Mom got from someone that she worked with 30+ years ago. She calls it US Mess because she got the recipe when she was working at US Messenger.
When I was a kid this was one of the meals I’d request weekly. I mean, meat, corn, taters what more could a kid want?
1lb ground beef
1 can of cream of chicken/broccoli/celery soup
1 bag of tater tots
1 bag of frozen corn
(Mozzarella cheese is optional. I usually sprinkle some on the top.)
1st Brown the meat and drain the grease.
2nd Spray a 9×13 casserole dish (I use Pyrex) with Pam
3rd Lay down the meat
4th Lay down the corn
5th Lay down the tater tots
6th Pour the soup
Bake it for 35-40 minutes at 350 then enjoy!